The Low-Key Den Mother of Octal is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by The Warden with an even hand, and remarkable for its compulsory military service, smutty television, and digital currency. The hard-nosed, hard-working population of 15.932 billion Octans have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Environment, Healthcare, and Defense. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Circuit City. The average income tax rate is 92.1%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The very strong Oct economy, worth a remarkable 1,162 trillion Bits a year, is driven almost entirely by government activity. The industrial sector is solely comprised of the Arms Manufacturing industry. Average income is 72,995 Bits, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Advertisers scramble to sponsor the broadcast of The Warden's most personal functions, mandatory electronic currency is a boon for credit card companies and government surveillance, the nation has recently been attributed to the funding of terrorist organisations, and tourists flock to see the giant stone carvings of historical leaders at Mount Rushless. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Octal's national animal is the Silicite, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Binarism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Octal's influence in Capitalist Paradise fell from "Auxiliary" to "Ambassador".
- : Octal voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Honeydewistania".
- : Octal voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Voting Equality for Freed Inmates"".
- : Octal approved the World Assembly proposal "Commend Honeydewistania".
- : Octal's influence in Capitalist Paradise rose from "Ambassador" to "Auxiliary".
- : Octal endorsed The Federation of Squirm Worm.
- : Octal endorsed The People's Republic of Alanzo.
- : Octal was endorsed by The Republic of San Indiana.
- : Octal was endorsed by The Federation of Squirm Worm.
- : Octal was endorsed by The People's Republic of Alanzo.
Endorsements Received: 49 » Poopsancagizal, Snorlaxia, Zenzibar, UNDelegate, Arbonium, Republica JIM, Scorpions Army, Aelhaeran, Senexia, Edgemaster, Brillnuck, Hellbardia, Hamonistan, Metacrisis, Xestris, Nova Mazstein, Fanareisisks Kaisarreiki, Sheepcote, The Fyre Phoenix, Finkton, Coloportus, Jacobius, Neo Jewsalem, Viperreich, Kaputer, Luciferio, Freed Peoples of Aracia, Otoro, Prussia of Polska, Egoistic Markets, Kaljutistan, Greatsvil, Pavonesia, New Ahrovi Guica, The Republic Of Akanalid, Concorcadia, Aguirre-Milani, Aleravia, Darren j, The Balreskan Union, Vox popu, Libertarrhea, Saint Theodora, Paigyn, Liberamentis, The Strasbourg, Saint Judes Own, Alanzo, and Squirm Worm.