The Journalistic Junta of NationStates Today is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Chairperson with a fair hand, and remarkable for its irreverence towards religion. The hard-working, democratic population of 5.196 billion journalists live in a state of perpetual fear, as a complete breakdown of social order has led to the rise of order through biker gangs.
The tiny, liberal, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Welfare, Education, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of News. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 6.4%.
The very strong a journalist economy, worth 332 trillion newspapers a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is fairly diversified and led by the Pizza Delivery industry, with major contributions from Gambling, Trout Farming, and Basket Weaving. Average income is 63,954 newspapers, with the richest citizens earning 8.4 times as much as the poorest.
Advertisements for jobs in the sciences run in fashion magazines, NationStates Today has designated News as its capital city, Content has been named as NationStates Today's national religion, and Chairperson has just been declared ruler of NationStates Today in an international press conference. Crime is moderate, probably because of the absence of a police force. NationStates Today's national animal is the breaking news, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Content.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : NationStates Today altered the regional flag of NationStates Today.
- : NationStates Today was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Stationary.
- : NationStates Today was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Trout Fishing Sector.
- : NationStates Today renamed the office held by The Oh No Its a Journo of Llo from "Chief Content Officer" to "Chairman / Chief Content Officer" in NationStates Today.
- : NationStates Today appointed The 🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪🍪 of Somy as Chief Executive Officer with authority over Appearance, Border Control, Communications, Embassies, and Polls in NationStates Today.
- : NationStates Today renamed the office held by The Oh No Its a Journo of Llo from "Chief Executive Officer" to "Chief Content Officer" in NationStates Today.
- : NationStates Today altered its national flag.
- : NationStates Today published "NSToday: Edition – November 29th, 2020" (Bulletin: News).
- : NationStates Today was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Survivors.
- : NationStates Today was struck by a Mk II (Sterilizer) Cure Missile from The Oh No Its a Journo of Llo, curing 1 million infected.