The Flying blob 🐳 of Narwhal is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by Nyan Nyan with an even hand, and notable for its rum-swilling pirates, smutty television, and compulsory military service. The compassionate population of 4.046 billion Narwhals enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Atlantis. The average income tax rate is 70.0%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The powerhouse Narwhal economy, worth 243 trillion fish a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing. Average income is 60,076 fish, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Nyan Nyan is frequently seen begging critics to stop insulting the government, grinding bureaucracy has the international wheels of justice turning slowly, same-sex marriages are increasingly common, and teachers are skilled at leaving no evidence of child cruelty. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Narwhal's national animal is the narwhal, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Narwhal's influence in Refugia fell from "Auxiliary" to "Ambassador".
- : Narwhal was endorsed by The Fanciful Tales of Refuge Isle.
- : Narwhal's influence in Refugia rose from "Ambassador" to "Auxiliary".
- : Narwhal was reclassified from "Scandinavian Liberal Paradise" to "Left-Leaning College State".
- : Narwhal voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Trotterdam".
- : Narwhal endorsed The United Kingdom of Vikoland.
- : Narwhal lodged a message on the Refugia Regional Message Board.
- : Narwhal voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Freedom to Seek Medical Care II"".
- : Narwhal voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Frieden-und Freudenland".
- : Narwhal endorsed The Dominion of Chacapoya.