The Federation of Montjoy is a massive, genial nation, notable for its free-roaming dinosaurs, absence of drug laws, and suspicion of poets. The hard-working, democratic population of 1.027 billion Montjoians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The relatively small, liberal, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Defense. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 9.8%.
The strong Montjoian economy, worth 56.7 trillion Credits a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Uranium Mining industry, with major contributions from Basket Weaving, Book Publishing, and Door-to-door Insurance Sales. Average income is 55,234 Credits, with the richest citizens earning 5.8 times as much as the poorest.
Things are looking up for patients accidentally prescribed erectile dysfunction medication, strip mining of rare earth metals is up while back problems are down, there's nothing more gay than bleeding for your nation, and no-one can foil the ambitions of Big Aluminium. Crime is moderate, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Montjoy's national animal is the Tiger, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Montjoy's influence in The Land of Kings and Emperors rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : Montjoy's influence in The Land of Kings and Emperors rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Montjoy resigned from the World Assembly.
- : Montjoy's influence in The Land of Kings and Emperors rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Montjoy's influence in The Land of Kings and Emperors rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Montjoy was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : Montjoy was endorsed by The Sovereign Delegacy Realm of Nulkia.
- : Montjoy's influence in The Land of Kings and Emperors rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Montjoy endorsed The Sovereign Delegacy Realm of Nulkia.
- : Montjoy relocated from Vienna to The Land of Kings and Emperors.