|Leader||First Speaker Leah Jimenez|
The Federative Republic of Membatak is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by First Speaker Leah Jimenez with an even hand, and remarkable for its prohibition of alcohol, free-roaming dinosaurs, and smutty television. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 4.037 billion Membatakians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Saro. The average income tax rate is 93.3%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Membatakian economy, worth 515 trillion Takis a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Book Publishing, and Trout Farming. Average income is an impressive 127,717 Takis, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The art of conversation has been rediscovered, genocide is seen as a topic best avoided in history lessons, internet ads promising "hot singles in your area" are even less accurate than they used to be, and you're never too young to learn how to lie with confidence. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Membatak's national animal is the Cockatiel, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Membatak, you're never too young to learn how to lie with confidence.
- : Following new legislation in Membatak, internet ads promising "hot singles in your area" are even less accurate than they used to be.
- : Following new legislation in Membatak, genocide is seen as a topic best avoided in history lessons.
- : Membatak was reclassified from "New York Times Democracy" to "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy".
- : Membatak voted for the World Assembly Resolution "International Maxtopia Day".
- : Membatak voted for the World Assembly Resolution "International Scientific Cooperation".
- : Following new legislation in Membatak, the art of conversation has been rediscovered.
- : Following new legislation in Membatak, coffee cups have grown in size to accommodate the huge ingredients list.
- : Following new legislation in Membatak, modelling agencies send their clients to work in nursing homes.
- : Following new legislation in Membatak, doctors who mutter "Oh my God" often lose their medical license.
Endorsements Received: 46 » Evertopia, Kachikawawa, Wysrod, Blogotopia, Palman, Mauryana, Tzo, Dustwind, Anollasia, Namakan, Maconshinbernititte, Solsevara, Vivolkha, Conservative Republic Of Huang, Krystalveil, Chip Skylark, Ilfarasia, Killettland, Grimmywelsh, Liberdon, Tausend Seen, Samonaemia, The Republic of Osea, Free Land of Rebellium, Selu-Ahare, Violent Trees, Faradova, Cathamye, Xanthorrhoea, Macrasetia, The Galactic American Imperium, The Democratic State Of Josora, Hashari Darussalam, Kaprein, Geonomia, Empire Of Shield, Greater Theowherveld, Markanite, Caribbia, Jaegerpondonia, Arnefol, Dolorado, Lisokyo, Vayshnoriya Islands, Clialaad, and United Kolance.