|Leader||President James Spanier|
The Federation of Lowsten is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by President James Spanier with a fair hand, and remarkable for its barren, inhospitable landscape, deadly medical pandemics, and irreverence towards religion. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic, humorless population of 20.611 billion Lowstenians live in a state of perpetual fear, as a complete breakdown of social order has led to the rise of order through biker gangs.
The tiny, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Industry, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Hi Vue. Income tax is unheard of.
The frighteningly efficient Lowstenian economy, worth an astonishing 10,405 trillion Lowsten Credits a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Uranium Mining, and Soda Sales. Black market activity is notable. Average income is a breathtaking 504,857 Lowsten Credits, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.7 times as much as the poorest.
Gossip magazines have pictures of President James Spanier sunbathing on the beach with political rivals, sales of trenchcoats are on the rise, paranoid museum guards keep a lookout for any animated displays attempting to escape the premises after dark, and an Osiris Tourist Association survey has rated Lowsten #1 for number twos. Crime is totally unknown. Lowsten's national animal is the Penguin, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Zunism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Lowsten's influence in Osiris rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : Lowsten's influence in Osiris rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Lowsten's influence in Osiris rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Lowsten's influence in Osiris rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Lowsten's influence in Osiris rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Lowsten was refounded in Osiris.
- : Lowsten ceased to exist in The Rejected Realms.
- : Lowsten was endorsed by Crabaiaia.
- : Lowsten was endorsed by The Rose Delegate of Chimes.
- : Lowsten was reclassified from "Civil Rights Lovefest" to "Anarchy".