The Republic of Liberum Hibernia is a huge, cultured nation, remarkable for its keen interest in outer space, irreverence towards religion, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, democratic population of 268 million Hibernians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The enormous, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Dubhlinn. The average income tax rate is 70.5%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but inefficient Hibernian economy, worth 13.3 trillion Credits a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is mostly made up of the Trout Farming industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Tourism, and Beef-Based Agriculture. Average income is 49,661 Credits, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Police officers that upset their bosses get assigned to 24 hour stakeouts of bike sheds, doctors prescribe medicines but they rarely dispense hope or compassion, politicians preface their speeches with a declaration that any resemblance to speeches given by individuals living or dead is purely coincidental, and the government has instituted 'traveller reservations' across the country. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Liberum Hibernia's national animal is the Gizka, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Liberum Hibernia, the government has instituted 'traveller reservations' across the country.
- : Following new legislation in Liberum Hibernia, politicians preface their speeches with a declaration that any resemblance to speeches given by individuals living or dead is purely coincidental.
- : Following new legislation in Liberum Hibernia, doctors prescribe medicines but they rarely dispense hope or compassion.
- : Following new legislation in Liberum Hibernia, police officers that upset their bosses get assigned to 24 hour stakeouts of bike sheds.
- : Liberum Hibernia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Voting Equality for Freed Inmates"".
- : Following new legislation in Liberum Hibernia, anti-government web sites are springing up.
- : Liberum Hibernia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Honeydewistania".
- : Following new legislation in Liberum Hibernia, murderers with law degrees can be seen swinging the gavel in courts.
- : Following new legislation in Liberum Hibernia, the Ministry of Health has reported a sharp increase in the incidence of delayed menopause.
- : Liberum Hibernia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Pacifist.
Endorsements Received: 171 » Venicea, Koda-Land, Ellbonnia, Shibutani, Territorio di Nessuno, Orado, Alorca, Aerilia, Lol2639, Zzozona, Dangine, Figyjharli, Illusia and Neverendia, Bharathvarsh, Svenskskit, Xagill, Lulubellia, Hamerica, Former English Colony, Yaorozu, Empy, Sil Dorsett, Aeolist, Frances Francis the First of France, The Rhein States, McMasterdonia, Eri-Maqa-Ena, Loutsland, Ethnon, Steampunk Ariel, Andexia, El Fiji Grande, Francois Isidore, Guer Aike, Wilkshire, Zemnaya Svoboda, Corfad, Xentherida, Kranostav, Great Bights Mum, Dreadton, Veritynista, Omnistria, Bankowiata, Yokciq Empire, Notyoutopia, Sikol, Republica Guilleana, The Pantheons, Kragsgale, and 121 others.Rising Sakura, Aryan Homeland, Hardscrabble, New Lakemba, Italy and Malta, Dar es Saalam, Yellops, Xyrron, New Celoveniortan, Interdimensional Zone, Viridiann, Siwale, Cretox State, Travislavania, Climeria, Tringapore, Mon Island, Hepek, Siforpeo, Votak Matim, Pasargad, Sundred, Selfgradatude, Federal Republic of Genosha, Super Girl, Ravendi, Clan Spaniel, BTProductions, North Bratislava, Valentine Z, Imperial Pieserged, The Tampa Bay Rays, Wineclaw, Planes, Kazoo Basin, Chukstik Illahi, Aidiarnia, Centrialand, Anungu, ForestMythal, Brujstan, Expere Fiyans, BohemiaIV, East Supple Lund, Azzarel, Colonies of Free Temeria, Amadora Oeste, Duryanistan, Canineia, Cornwallis Bay, Cartures, Esplandia, Detrivania, C0RONA, Deseret-Moronia, Brsil, Darkmondoria, Chiho, A Salmon Named Harold, Brandenburg-Ansbach, Dicko, French Bananastan, Religioncord, Tyirza, Antigona, Colfes, Tsandonown, Strongwill, Libertania Democratica, Nagaur, Defense For The World Assembly, Britle, Pallaith, Brucklania, Wapistan, Seanat, Sunto, Capablanca, Shadowrik, Free States of Marina, Atlunartemis, Ootasa, Runeda, East Akra, The Democratic Kingdom Of Skaraborg, Libvillia, Greater Ale Permars, Perikuresu, Ariele, Folenz, Gafflebag, Fraystonia, Merconitonitopia, Boston Castle, Simone Republic, Kastonvia, Madjack, The Mazur Empire, Nodnarb, Joodey, Andanavia, Nikhilesh23, Sopernia, Mitropola, Jaxikistan, Kinitopia, Bearical, Nova Arcania, Drueste, Fizban, Unshleepd, Muqatil, WeKnow, Lionia, Card Kingdom, Que Lukustinardon, Nation1812, Blyskalia, Sahriastan, The Calabash Protectorate, and Outer Shenendoah.