|Leader||HIH Holtä Éstiø Peace Be Upon Him|
The Empire of Latanst is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by HIH Holtä Éstiø Peace Be Upon Him with an even hand, and notable for its museums and concert halls, strictly enforced bedtime, and sprawling nuclear power plants. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cheerful, devout population of 14.51 billion Lätän-fwä have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The tiny, corrupt government prioritizes Education, with Defense, Industry, and Healthcare also on the agenda, while Social Policy and Spirituality aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Hlwhlwitän. The average income tax rate is 1.4%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Lätän economy, worth a remarkable 3,026 trillion Bugas a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is fairly diversified and led by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Retail, and Book Publishing. Average income is an amazing 208,593 Bugas, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.1 times as much as the poorest.
Teenagers are making eye contact with each other for the first time in years, Big Agriculture has the government by the nuts, children spend all morning taking out a comma and all afternoon putting it back in again, and inheritance tax has recently been abolished. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown. Latanst's national animal is the Quail, which is also the nation's favorite main course, and its national religion is Egyptian Polytheism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Latanst was endorsed by The Republic of Orlando di Lasso.
- : Latanst was endorsed by The Republic of Deadpool Tim.
- : Latanst was endorsed by The Republic of Ioke 37.
- : Latanst was endorsed by The Holy Empire of End Of The Bus.
- : Latanst was endorsed by The Constitutional Monarchy of Market-135.
- : Latanst voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Blood Donation Safety and Equality Act".
- : Following new legislation in Latanst, inheritance tax has recently been abolished.
- : Following new legislation in Latanst, children spend all morning taking out a comma and all afternoon putting it back in again.
- : Latanst voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Military Death Penalty Ban".
- : Latanst was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Black Market.