The Republic of Lashuran is a huge, orderly nation, renowned for its compulsory military service and restrictive gun laws. The hard-nosed, cynical, devout population of 277 million Lashuranians are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The large, moralistic, well-organized government prioritizes Spirituality, although Defense, Law & Order, and Healthcare are also considered important. The average income tax rate is 43.5%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but inefficient Lashuranian economy, worth 8.92 trillion baht a year, is led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Pizza Delivery, and Gambling. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 32,210 baht, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.1 times as much as the poorest.
Scientists regularly clone human beings for research purposes, Harry Potter books are banned, and the government has officially clarified that "wee on your hands to save time" does not count as proper hygiene. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Lashuran's national animal is the Lion.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Lashuran's influence in Osiris rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Lashuran's influence in Osiris rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Lashuran was refounded in Osiris.
- : Lashuran ceased to exist in The North Pacific.
- : Lashuran's influence in The North Pacific rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Lashuran was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Conservative and Most Authoritarian and the Top 10% for Most Ignorant Citizens.
- : Following new legislation in Lashuran, the government has officially clarified that "wee on your hands to save time" does not count as proper hygiene.
- : Following new legislation in Lashuran, Harry Potter books are banned.
- : Following new legislation in Lashuran, scientists regularly clone human beings for research purposes.
- : Lashuran changed its national nation type to "Republic".