The Otter Empire of Laseri is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by Sera with an even hand, and renowned for its museums and concert halls, free-roaming dinosaurs, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, democratic population of 1.353 billion Laserians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The enormous, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Administration, Education, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Lyphreniya. The average income tax rate is 76.7%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The powerhouse Laserian economy, worth 123 trillion seis a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Beef-Based Agriculture, and Cheese Exports. Average income is 91,260 seis, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Scientists regularly clone human beings for research purposes, internet moderator is one of the most popular jobs among the nation's more socially awkward citizens, engaged partners detail their fiancés' private lives in detail to prurient bureaucrats, and being Sera has been voted one of the top ten most dangerous jobs. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Laseri's national animal is the otter, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Laseri, being Sera has been voted one of the top ten most dangerous jobs.
- : Laseri was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Governments.
- : Laseri endorsed The Republic of Colonalia.
- : Laseri was endorsed by The Republic of Colonalia.
- : Following new legislation in Laseri, engaged partners detail their fiancés' private lives in detail to prurient bureaucrats.
- : Laseri was endorsed by The Potato-Poet of The Salaxalans.
- : Laseri's influence in Spiritus rose from "Zero" to "Page".
- : Following new legislation in Laseri, internet moderator is one of the most popular jobs among the nation's more socially awkward citizens.
- : Laseri endorsed The Radiant Realm of Kasadea.
- : Laseri endorsed The Autocracy of Alekseandrea.