The Kingdom of Larontia is a huge, safe nation, renowned for its national health service. The compassionate, devout population of 479 million Larontians enjoy extensive civil freedoms, particularly in social issues, while business tends to be more regulated.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Industry, Administration, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Andar. The average income tax rate is 38.8%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The thriving Larontian economy, worth 35.7 trillion Leronian Francs a year, is led by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Book Publishing, and Basket Weaving. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 74,427 Leronian Francs, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Bemused citizens are encouraged to sing foreign-language hymns of religions they have never heard of, scientists regularly clone human beings for research purposes, government crews work tirelessly to retake the suburbs from organized packs of raccoons, and the government has adopted a more thrifty attitude to administrating the country's needs. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Larontia's national animal is the White Owl, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Larontia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Beautiful Environments.
- : Larontia's influence in The Free Nations Region rose from "Page" to "Squire".
- : Larontia was endorsed by The Traditionalist Commonwealth of Costelberg.
- : Larontia was endorsed by The State of Malevos.
- : Larontia was reclassified from "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy" to "Left-Leaning College State".
- : Larontia changed its national capital to "Andar".
- : Following new legislation in Larontia, the government has adopted a more thrifty attitude to administrating the country's needs.
- : Following new legislation in Larontia, government crews work tirelessly to retake the suburbs from organized packs of raccoons.
- : Following new legislation in Larontia, scientists regularly clone human beings for research purposes.
- : Following new legislation in Larontia, bemused citizens are encouraged to sing foreign-language hymns of religions they have never heard of.
Endorsements Received: 47 » Manoresca, Sulivannia, BBoss, Doctors Orvos, My Nation, Grand Abaco, Emaha, Obets, Narvatus, Asianite, La Mode, Cape Adamantis, Sparsdan, Linkers Sha, Cellesania, Literian, Shaizan, Great Sothos, Ste Franin, Zuuri, Mazum Sherrys, Joergen, Dagny, Northern Celtic Regions, Laidir, Novissima Terra, Veleburg, Alternamerica, Nevtheria, Santo Andreo, Parenlord, Tiocfadh, Municipality of Baria and Vungtau, Moka Pamplemousses, The Free France, Archargentina, Zedyeg, People of Nolan, The Egalitarian Dominion of Yutes, Champlaina, Artannia, United State of Ancolia, Gullyslanarmaing, Tabeldata, Gabeopolis, Somennia, and Europan Union.