The Republic of Kastagistan is a massive, safe nation, ruled by Victor Muller with an iron fist, and notable for its state-planned economy, compulsory military service, and punitive income tax rates. The compassionate, cynical population of 1.508 billion Kastanos are ruled without fear or favor by a psychotic dictator, who outlaws just about everything and refers to the populace as "my little playthings."
The enormous, corrupt, socially-minded government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Walpole. The average income tax rate is 90.9%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Kastano economy, worth 174 trillion Solkas a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Book Publishing, and Arms Manufacturing. Average income is an impressive 115,956 Solkas, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Former polygamists always seem to have a huge number of visiting cousins, politicians constantly ring their voters to remind them how good a job they're doing, the new airport at Mr. Giles' farm is panicking his sheep, and people reciting Shakespeare have become a common sight. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Kastagistan's national animal is the Owl, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is Catholic.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Kastagistan, people reciting Shakespeare have become a common sight.
- : Kastagistan voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Freedom of dress".
- : Kastagistan voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Deadeye Jack".
- : Following new legislation in Kastagistan, the new airport at Mr. Giles' farm is panicking his sheep.
- : Following new legislation in Kastagistan, politicians constantly ring their voters to remind them how good a job they're doing.
- : Following new legislation in Kastagistan, former polygamists always seem to have a huge number of visiting cousins.
- : Kastagistan lodged a message on the The Free Nations Realm Regional Message Board.
- : Following new legislation in Kastagistan, families waiting for delayed pipe installations hope daily for rain.
- : Following new legislation in Kastagistan, the military is slashing spending on conventional arms and diverting it to spending on prosthetic arms.
- : Kastagistan was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Authoritarian.
Endorsements Received: 41 » BBoss, Sulivannia, Linkers Sha, Grand Abaco, My Nation, Zuuri, Doctors Orvos, Emaha, Narvatus, The Egalitarian Dominion of Yutes, Tyuleniy, Parenlord, Tiocfadh, Ratakosha, Municipality of Baria and Vungtau, Laidir, Asianite, Manoresca, Artannia, Archargentina, Northern Celtic Regions, Obets, Novissima Terra, Westfallian States, Latviarr, United State of Ancolia, Novostia, The Pirotian Republic, People of Nolan, Roberdian, Gabeopolis, La Alsace, Ocean Federation, Moka Pamplemousses, The Mikalan Empire, Santo Andreo, The Free France, Somennia, Europan Union, Songateri, and Neuria.