The Ocean-Washed Archipelago of Kanaia is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Jack with a fair hand, and remarkable for its museums and concert halls, ubiquitous missile silos, and ban on automobiles. The hard-nosed, democratic, humorless population of 34.585 billion Kanaians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The tiny, outspoken government is effectively ruled by the Department of Defense, with Education and Healthcare also on the agenda, while Spirituality and Social Policy aren't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Rufion. Income tax is unheard of.
The frighteningly efficient Kanaian economy, worth a remarkable 9,919 trillion Adrians a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient, broadly diversified black market in Arms Manufacturing, Information Technology, Book Publishing, and Tourism. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is an amazing 286,821 Adrians, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Fifteen-year-olds cannot walk younger siblings to school without a professional Childcare and Education Certificate, it's said that Jack can turn every pleasure into a chore, high school band practice is often crashed by technicolor-clad ravers, and the Rufion Film Festival recently voted 'Kanaian Getting Hit By Football' as best film. Crime is all-pervasive, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Kanaia's national animal is the Oliphant, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Kanaia was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Politically Free.
- : Kanaia withdrew its endorsement from The United Empire of Ecnav Enitsuj.
- : Kanaia endorsed The United Kingdom of Seludong.
- : Following new legislation in Kanaia, the Rufion Film Festival recently voted 'Kanaian Getting Hit By Football' as best film.
- : Following new legislation in Kanaia, high school band practice is often crashed by technicolor-clad ravers.
- : Following new legislation in Kanaia, it's said that Jack can turn every pleasure into a chore.
- : Following new legislation in Kanaia, fifteen-year-olds cannot walk younger siblings to school without a professional Childcare and Education Certificate.
- : Kanaia's influence in Philippines rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Kanaia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : Kanaia was endorsed by The Operatives of XCOM Project.