The Empire of Jolitopia is a tiny, safe nation, notable for its compulsory military service and restrictive gun laws. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 14 million Jolitopians are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The large, moralistic, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defense, and Spirituality. The average income tax rate is 48.8%.
The Jolitopian economy, worth 634 billion Joli Dineroes a year, is led by the Automobile Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Basket Weaving, and Book Publishing. Black market activity is frequent. Average income is 45,292 Joli Dineroes, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.7 times as much as the poorest.
Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Jolitopia's national animal is the Dragon.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Jolitopia's influence in The West Pacific rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Jolitopia's influence in The West Pacific rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Jolitopia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Conservative and Most Primitive and the Top 10% for Most Authoritarian and Most Ignorant Citizens.
- : Jolitopia published "Jolitopia's Military" (Factbook: Military).
- : Jolitopia published "The History of Jolitopia" (Factbook: History).
- : Jolitopia published "Welcome to Utopia" (Factbook: Overview).
- : Jolitopia was founded in The West Pacific.