The Republic of Hunem is a colossal, efficient nation, ruled by President Yelm with an iron fist, and notable for its otherworldly petting zoo, ubiquitous missile silos, and irreverence towards religion. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, humorless population of 6.168 billion Huns are ruled with an iron fist by the corrupt, dictatorship government, which oppresses anyone who isn't on the board of a Fortune 500 company. Large corporations tend to be above the law, and use their financial clout to gain ever-increasing government benefits at the expense of the poor and unemployed.
The relatively small, corrupt, moralistic, pro-business, well-organized government prioritizes Defense, with Law & Order and Industry also on the agenda, while Social Policy and Welfare receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Intermarium. The average income tax rate is 21.9%.
The frighteningly efficient Hunnic economy, worth a remarkable 1,507 trillion dollars a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Retail industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Information Technology, and Uranium Mining. Black market activity is rampant. Average income is an amazing 244,483 dollars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.4 times as much as the poorest.
Employees are told they can avoid traffic jams by starting work at 4 AM, the debts of the father fall upon the son, the military refers to helpless combatants offering surrender as "sitting ducks", and there's no cure or sympathy for the common cold. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force. Hunem's national animal is the eagle, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Hunem was endorsed by The Holy Empire of The Double D Republic.
- : Following new legislation in Hunem, there's no cure or sympathy for the common cold.
- : Following new legislation in Hunem, the military refers to helpless combatants offering surrender as "sitting ducks".
- : Following new legislation in Hunem, the debts of the father fall upon the son.
- : Hunem endorsed The Holy Empire of The Double D Republic.
- : Hunem endorsed The Theocracy of Pickenstopia.
- : Hunem voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Protected Working Leave"".
- : Hunem endorsed The Kingdom of Cadestria.
- : Hunem was endorsed by The Kingdom of Cadestria.
- : Hunem voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Freedom of dress".
Endorsements Received: 44 » ShrewLlamaLand, Depackya, Jefferson Club, HMS NHS, The Dixie Confederate Union, Aeioux, Andoros, The Destroyers of Christianity, The Yeetusa, Shiya, Panthera Order, Jocospor, VlaRiSsiA, Hellslayer, Russian States of Eurasia, Medici Empire, Feuraxia, Marthuania, Anomalokaris, Inferno Drake, New Sparta Ascendancy, Tertania, Khanbaliq Mongolia, American Pere Housh, Mousto Readia, New England INC, Cape Canavral, East Turzikstan, Oigrim, Fetra, United Tatumia, Golden Impirial Utopia, Ridnez, Kleptocratic Bureau of Foreign Affairs, Thorstonia, Complete and Utter Freedom, Systemic Corruption, Kinegiener, Aryus Millitary Junta, New Destrucion, Codeia, Regna Loreau, Cadestria, and The Double D Republic.