The Republic of Holy Goo Phlanopia is a small, efficient nation, renowned for its burgeoning sheep population. The hard-working, democratic population of 23 million Holy Goo Phlanopians enjoy frequent elections, which are uniformly corrupted by big-spending corporations buying politicians who best suit their interests.
The relatively small, pro-business, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Healthcare, and Welfare. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 9.6%.
The very strong Holy Goo Phlanopian economy, worth 1.15 trillion kronor a year, is led by the Basket Weaving industry, with major contributions from Automobile Manufacturing, Gambling, and Information Technology. Average income is 50,191 kronor, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 167,055 per year while the poor average 11,236, a ratio of 14.9 to 1.
Crime is a problem, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Holy Goo Phlanopia's national animal is the sheep.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Holy Goo Phlanopia's influence in The Rejected Realms rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Holy Goo Phlanopia relocated from Swine to The Rejected Realms.
- : Holy Goo Phlanopia was ejected and banned from Swine by The Republic of Hogtear.
- : Holy Goo Phlanopia's influence in Swine rose from "Shoeshiner" to "Page".
- : Holy Goo Phlanopia's influence in Swine rose from "Sprat" to "Shoeshiner".
- : Holy Goo Phlanopia's influence in Swine rose from "Zero" to "Sprat".
- : Holy Goo Phlanopia relocated from Resuscitation to Swine.
- : Holy Goo Phlanopia's influence in Resuscitation rose from "Zero" to "Sprat".
- : Holy Goo Phlanopia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Largest Automobile Manufacturing Sector and Largest Basket Weaving Sector.
- : Holy Goo Phlanopia resigned from the World Assembly.