The New Republic of Hazarium is a massive, safe nation, ruled by The Senate with an even hand, and notable for its keen interest in outer space, punitive income tax rates, and compulsory gun ownership. The hard-nosed population of 3.732 billion Hazarians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Education, and Law & Order. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Hazar-Prime. The average income tax rate is 73.3%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Hazariumian economy, worth 465 trillion Hazers a year, is fairly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Furniture Restoration, and Retail. Average income is an impressive 124,689 Hazers, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The Senate's luxurious new home has been designated as a protected cultural heritage site, military minds worry that 'the blue screen of death' on brand new operating systems may be a literal description, too many developers spoil the codebase, and space has been brought down to earth with constellations of cancer cases across Hazarium. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Hazarium's national animal is the Mushroom, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is Sacrificial Dan.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Hazarium, space has been brought down to earth with constellations of cancer cases across Hazarium.
- : Following new legislation in Hazarium, too many developers spoil the codebase.
- : Following new legislation in Hazarium, military minds worry that 'the blue screen of death' on brand new operating systems may be a literal description.
- : Following new legislation in Hazarium, The Senate's luxurious new home has been designated as a protected cultural heritage site.
- : Following new legislation in Hazarium, students and teachers are regularly stopped and searched for symbols of religious affiliation before class.
- : Hazarium voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Honeydewistania".
- : Hazarium voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Voting Equality for Freed Inmates"".
- : Following new legislation in Hazarium, rude retail employees are now even ruder homeless panhandlers.
- : Following new legislation in Hazarium, meat prices are soaring as the farming industry struggle under government-imposed restrictions.
- : Following new legislation in Hazarium, young children are learning advanced physics to scientifically disprove the existence of Santa Claus.
Endorsements Received: 141 » Hardscrabble, Francois Isidore, Hamerica, Dangine, Aerilia, Lulubellia, Svenskskit, Yaorozu, The Ultimate Republic, Kromi, Guer Aike, Zemnaya Svoboda, Bharathvarsh, Former English Colony, Koda-Land, The Tampa Bay Rays, Venicea, The Rhein States, Lol2639, Omnistria, The Democratic Kingdom Of Skaraborg, Orado, Ethnon, Sunto, Corfad, Andexia, Eri-Maqa-Ena, Republica Guilleana, McMasterdonia, Loutsland, Dreadton, Siforpeo, Ellbonnia, Shibutani, Selfgradatude, Dar es Saalam, Travislavania, Zzozona, Valgarda, Territorio di Nessuno, El Fiji Grande, Interdimensional Zone, Valentine Z, New Lakemba, Cretox State, Sil Dorsett, The Pantheons, Frances Francis the First of France, Shadowrik, Chips and Guac, and 91 others.Xentherida, Wilkshire, North Bratislava, Bankowiata, Shotokonia, Galbadiana, Yokciq Empire, Sundred, Imperial Pieserged, Simone Republic, Notyoutopia, Super Girl, The AnCap Pirate Utopia, Kragsgale, Free Salvation, Sikol, Empy, Siwale, Xagill, Yellops, Tyirza, Figyjharli, Great Bights Mum, Kranostav, Illusia and Neverendia, Nyock, Holy Oranz, Xyrron, Ravendi, Clan Spaniel, BTProductions, Pasargad, Aryan Homeland, East Akra, TyGerria, Pleroma Sans Romans, Draconian Progression, Maott, Climeria, Strongwill, Steampunk Ariel, Korean-Joseon, Mon Island, Votak Matim, Religioncord, Wineclaw, Kazoo Basin, Paul Pasch, Centrialand, Libertania Democratica, Tsandonown, Pallaith, Britle, Wapistan, Planes, Capablanca, Seanat, Defense For The World Assembly, Libvillia, Ariele, Greater Ale Permars, Runeda, Fraystonia, Merconitonitopia, Boston Castle, Andanavia, Kastonvia, Solimun, Madjack, Colfes, Cereskia, Sopernia, The Mazur Empire, Nodnarb, Joodey, Nikhilesh23, Bearical, Drueste, Fizban, Unshleepd, Muqatil, Nova Arcania, Card Kingdom, Que Lukustinardon, Nation1812, WeKnow, Lionia, Blyskalia, Sahriastan, The Calabash Protectorate, and Outer Shenendoah.