The Democratic Republic of Havadar is a colossal, genial nation, ruled by Walther Bruznitz with a fair hand, and remarkable for its daily referendums, keen interest in outer space, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic population of 6.573 billion Havadarians enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The large government prioritizes Education, although Law & Order, Industry, and Defense are also considered important, while International Aid isn't funded at all. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Razgrad. The average income tax rate is 76.0%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Havadarian economy, worth 735 trillion Utopias a year, is led by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Retail, and Book Publishing. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 111,930 Utopias, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The government loves seeing the little people fight, primetime re-runs of The Black and White Minstrel Show are a critical hit, coffee cups have grown in size to accommodate the huge ingredients list, and from the highest mountain to the deepest cave - one can always count on finding a good cell signal in Havadar. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Havadar's national animal is the turtle, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Havadar's influence in Universal Pact fell from "Superpower" to "Power".
- : Havadar's influence in Universal Pact rose from "Zero" to "Superpower".
- : Havadar relocated from Balder to Universal Pact.
- : Havadar's influence in Balder rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Havadar's influence in Balder rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Havadar altered its national flag.
- : Havadar was refounded in Balder.
- : Havadar ceased to exist in Universal Pact.
- : Havadar updated the World Factbook entry in Universal Pact.
- : Havadar agreed to construct embassies between Universal Pact and Republic of Conservative Nations.