|Leader||Queen Eleanor III|
The Kingdom of Grenede is a massive, genial nation, ruled by Queen Eleanor III with a fair hand, and notable for its museums and concert halls, infamous sell-swords, and irreverence towards religion. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic population of 1.872 billion Grenedeans have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Arache. The average income tax rate is 66.7%.
The frighteningly efficient Grenedean economy, worth 228 trillion Grenedean Dollars a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Beef-Based Agriculture, and Information Technology. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 122,317 Grenedean Dollars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 3.7 times as much as the poorest.
Politicians are often referred to as thesauruses behind their backs, people reciting Shakespeare have become a common sight, a suspicious number of John Smiths are known to donate to Grenedean politicians, and invasive drug testing is now performed at elementary school sports days. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Grenede's national animal is the Buzzver, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Grenede, invasive drug testing is now performed at elementary school sports days.
- : Following new legislation in Grenede, a suspicious number of John Smiths are known to donate to Grenedean politicians.
- : Grenede was reclassified from "New York Times Democracy" to "Inoffensive Centrist Democracy".
- : Following new legislation in Grenede, people reciting Shakespeare have become a common sight.
- : Following new legislation in Grenede, politicians are often referred to as thesauruses behind their backs.
- : Following new legislation in Grenede, urban graffiti is hand-calligraphed in perfectly kerned elegant fonts.
- : Grenede was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Cultured.
- : Following new legislation in Grenede, visitors to Violet Rock City are stunned to learn that they must memorize the "99 Principles" before entering.
- : Grenede endorsed The Empire of Teothopia.
- : Grenede was endorsed by The Empire of Teothopia.
Endorsements Received: 133 » Loutsland, Britle, Guer Aike, Aerilia, Zemnaya Svoboda, Valentine Z, Dreadton, Pasargad, Orado, Hamerica, Wapistan, Climeria, Malta Comino Gozo, Dar es Saalam, North Bratislava, Great Bights Mum, Koda-Land, Yellops, Planes, Corfad, Republica Guilleana, Travislavania, Ellbonnia, Bankowiata, Votak Matim, The Rhein States, Bharathvarsh, Francois Isidore, Tsandonown, Venicea, Tyirza, Xentherida, Former English Colony, Shibutani, Siwale, Territorio di Nessuno, Hardscrabble, Yaorozu, Zzozona, Seanat, Capablanca, Lulubellia, Svenskskit, Cretox State, Omnistria, Neopie, Xyrron, Yokciq Empire, Sunto, Seijitsu, and 83 others.Kranostav, The Tampa Bay Rays, Empy, Shadowrik, Aryan Homeland, Illusia and Neverendia, Dangine, Mon Island, ForestMythal, Steampunk Ariel, Selfgradatude, Sil Dorsett, Sikol, Frances Francis the First of France, Notyoutopia, Figyjharli, The Democratic Kingdom Of Skaraborg, New Lakemba, Eri-Maqa-Ena, Wilkshire, Defense For The World Assembly, El Fiji Grande, Libvillia, Xagill, Kragsgale, Super Girl, McMasterdonia, The Pantheons, Greater Ale Permars, Perikuresu, Ariele, Runeda, Merconitonitopia, Ethnon, Fraystonia, Simone Republic, Madjack, Sopernia, The Mazur Empire, Nodnarb, Joodey, Andanavia, Wineclaw, Nova Arcania, East Akra, Bearical, Fizban, Unshleepd, Muqatil, Jaxikistan, Aruvicion, Card Kingdom, Que Lukustinardon, Nation1812, Pallaith, Outer Shenendoah, Sahriastan, Lionia, Blyskalia, His Enduring Majesty, Tibus Heth, Duryanistan, The Calabash Protectorate, Vesteysia, Nimarya, Chips and Guac, New Celoveniortan, Tringapore, The Blazeland Administration, Pazair, Praeceps, Kitzgos, Zapiron, Godwanna, TyGerria, Palgo, Dabarastan, Pleroma Sans Romans, Rising Sakura, Cam Zazi, AmManies, Eywaan, and Teothopia.