The Holy Empire of Gracenland is a huge, safe nation, notable for its infamous sell-swords and suspicion of poets. The hard-nosed, democratic, devout population of 226 million Gracenlandians love a good election, and the government gives them plenty of them. Universities tend to be full of students debating the merits of various civil and political rights, while businesses are tightly regulated and the wealthy viewed with suspicion.
The medium-sized government prioritizes Defense, although Education, Law & Order, and Spirituality are also considered important. The average income tax rate is 32.8%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but inefficient Gracenlandian economy, worth 8.31 trillion dollars a year, is led by the Trout Farming industry, with major contributions from Beef-Based Agriculture, Basket Weaving, and Tourism. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 36,751 dollars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.0 times as much as the poorest.
Nudity is frowned upon, news headlines usually include p-values, breastfeeding mothers are replacing smokers to loiter outside the workplace, and bored politicians often entertain themselves with games of Simon during important votes. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Gracenland's national animal is the dove, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Gracenland's influence in The Shadow League fell from "Negotiator" to "Auxiliary".
- : Gracenland's influence in The Shadow League rose from "Auxiliary" to "Negotiator".
- : Gracenland became WA Delegate of The Shadow League.
- : Gracenland was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : Gracenland's influence in The Shadow League rose from "Ambassador" to "Auxiliary".
- : Gracenland was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Largest Agricultural Sector.
- : Gracenland's influence in The Shadow League rose from "Diplomat" to "Ambassador".
- : Gracenland's influence in The Shadow League rose from "Envoy" to "Diplomat".
- : Gracenland's influence in The Shadow League rose from "Duckspeaker" to "Envoy".
- : Following new legislation in Gracenland, bored politicians often entertain themselves with games of Simon during important votes.