The Dictatorship of Gambierland is a huge, safe nation, renowned for its keen interest in outer space, compulsory military service, and zero percent divorce rate. The hard-nosed, cynical, devout population of 809 million Gambierlandians are ruled without fear or favor by a psychotic dictator, who outlaws just about everything and refers to the populace as "my little playthings."
The enormous, corrupt, moralistic government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Defense, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Gambier. The average income tax rate is 81.0%.
The powerhouse Gambierlandian economy, worth 80.5 trillion rubles a year, is led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Uranium Mining, and Information Technology. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 99,558 rubles, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.5 times as much as the poorest.
Recent events have left citizens both shaken and stirred, an aboriginal talking stick is used for leaders' debates at election time, stony-faced prosecutors play loud gangster rap music during court proceedings, and corporations have to consult a fifty-page "sanctions spreadsheet" to determine which countries they are allowed to do business with. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Gambierland's national animal is the parrot, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Gambierland, corporations have to consult a fifty-page "sanctions spreadsheet" to determine which countries they are allowed to do business with.
- : Gambierland voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Protecting Convicted Voters".
- : Gambierland voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Quebecshire".
- : Following new legislation in Gambierland, stony-faced prosecutors play loud gangster rap music during court proceedings.
- : Following new legislation in Gambierland, an aboriginal talking stick is used for leaders' debates at election time.
- : Following new legislation in Gambierland, recent events have left citizens both shaken and stirred.
- : Gambierland was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Advanced Defense Forces and the Top 10% for Largest Arms Manufacturing Sector.
- : Following new legislation in Gambierland, the nation has always been at war with Moltovea.
- : Following new legislation in Gambierland, rural Gambierlandians stare in awe at the bright lights of the big cities.
- : Following new legislation in Gambierland, the government has instituted 'traveller reservations' across the country.
Endorsements Received: 157 » Lulubellia, Aerilia, Great Bights Mum, Ethnon, Xentherida, Dreadton, Hamerica, The Rhein States, Yaorozu, Slyakanya, Svenskskit, Omnistria, Orado, Selfgradatude, North Bratislava, Republica Guilleana, Guer Aike, Madjack, Koda-Land, Zzozona, Galbadiana, Notyoutopia, Star Kingdom, Corfad, Bharathvarsh, Sevinland, Shibutani, Interdimensional Zone, The Endless Eventide, Illusia and Neverendia, Crusadam, Former English Colony, Shadowrik, Empy, The Tampa Bay Rays, New Lakemba, Loutsland, El Fiji Grande, Bankowiata, The Democratic Kingdom Of Skaraborg, Ravendi, Kragsgale, Eri-Maqa-Ena, Port Naga, Votak Matim, Cretox State, Territorio di Nessuno, Siwale, Pallaith, Pytong, and 107 others.Dar es Saalam, Yokciq Empire, Hardscrabble, Simone Republic, WeKnow, Sachi, The AnCap Pirate Utopia, Sikol, Wilkshire, Nodnarb, Climeria, Daiz, Shinjuku tokyo 0, Valentine Z, 1 very fast endotarter, Wineclaw, Strongwill, Frances Francis the First of France, McMasterdonia, Runeda, Sunto, Xipher, Kranostav, Moubarakistan, His Enduring Majesty, Chips and Guac, Ellbonnia, Pasargad, Glurponia, The Pantheons, Vesteysia, Barabolia, Sil Dorsett, Odelinor, Imperial Pieserged, Francois Isidore, Valgarda, Clan Spaniel, Zemnaya Svoboda, Maott, Figyjharli, Wapistan, Travislavania, Dangine, Randomcountryland, Siforpeo, The Republic of Free Peoples, Xagill, Blyskalia, Tyirza, Folenz, Super Girl, Holy Oranz, Xyrron, Nova Arcania, Aryan Homeland, TyGerria, Draconian Progression, Yellops, Steampunk Ariel, Mon Island, Tsandonown, Planes, Korean-Joseon, Seanat, Britle, Defense For The World Assembly, Libvillia, Greater Ale Permars, Perikuresu, Ariele, AmManies, Eternal Dominion, Merconitonitopia, Fraystonia, Kastonvia, The Mazur Empire, Sopernia, East Akra, Bearical, Drueste, Fizban, Unshleepd, Venicea, Enomeni Ipeiros, Muqatil, Kinitopia, Card Kingdom, Nationeer, Outer Shenendoah, Lionia, Capablanca, Sahriastan, The Calabash Protectorate, ROM, Tibus Heth, Nimarya, New Celoveniortan, The Blazeland Administration, Pazair, Que Lukustinardon, Praeceps, Zapiron, Palgo, Ravensblast, Toilet Man, and Dabarastan.