The Republic of Free State of Piratia is a huge, socially progressive nation, notable for its barren, inhospitable landscape, compulsory military service, and absence of drug laws. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 585 million Free State of Piratians live in a state of perpetual fear, as a complete breakdown of social order has led to the rise of order through biker gangs.
The minute, liberal, pro-business government, or what there is of one, is effectively ruled by the Department of Defense, with Education also on the agenda, while International Aid and Welfare are ignored. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 4.9%.
The strong Free State of Piratian economy, worth 31.1 trillion Piratian Pesos a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is fairly diversified and led by the Uranium Mining industry, with major contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Book Publishing, and Beef-Based Agriculture. Average income is 53,102 Piratian Pesos, but there is a vast disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 342,247 per year while the poor average 3,328, a ratio of 102 to 1.
The latest Harry Potter book is a bestseller and the tenet of free speech is held dear. Crime is a major problem, probably because of the absence of a police force. Free State of Piratia's national animal is the parrot, which can occasionally be seen dodging aircraft in the nation's cities.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Free State of Piratia's influence in The East Pacific rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Free State of Piratia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Greatest Rich-Poor Divides.
- : Free State of Piratia's influence in The East Pacific rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Free State of Piratia's influence in The East Pacific rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Free State of Piratia published "HOI 4 Focus Tree" (Factbook: Trivia).
- : Free State of Piratia published "Pirate Guilds of Piratia (WIP)" (Factbook: Trivia).
- : Free State of Piratia published "Rebecca "Revy" Lee, Admiralissima of Piratia" (Factbook: Politics).
- : Free State of Piratia published "Piratia, the Republic of Pirates" (Factbook: Overview).
- : Free State of Piratia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Lowest Overall Tax Burden, Most Pro-Market, Most Armed, Highest Crime Rates, and Highest Unexpected Death Rate.
- : Free State of Piratia's influence in The East Pacific rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".