The Empire of Fractured Tamriel is a huge, orderly nation, notable for its compulsory military service, complete absence of social welfare, and spontaneously combusting cars. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, devout population of 214 million Imperials enjoy great individual freedoms in everything except elections, which, where they exist at all, are populist shams for a dictatorship government that has no intention of ever giving up power.
The tiny, liberal, pro-business, well-organized government is dominated by the Department of Spirituality, with Law & Order and Defense also on the agenda, while Industry and International Aid aren't funded at all. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 6.9%.
The strong Imperial economy, worth 10.2 trillion Septims a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is quite specialized and led by the Basket Weaving industry, with major contributions from Trout Farming, Retail, and Uranium Mining. Average income is 47,742 Septims, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 174,535 per year while the poor average 9,263, a ratio of 18.8 to 1.
The Fractured Tamriel City XV Regiment (aka "The Goat Starers") have yet to win a battle, tourists from around the world come to visit the country's famous rainforests, and elections have been outlawed. Crime is a problem, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Fractured Tamriel's national animal is the Dragon.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Fractured Tamriel's influence in The Pacific rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Fractured Tamriel's influence in The Pacific rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Fractured Tamriel's influence in The Pacific rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Fractured Tamriel was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Largest Basket Weaving Sector, the Top 5% for Largest Trout Fishing Sector, and the Top 10% for Most Pro-Market.
- : Fractured Tamriel published "Alessia II, Empress of Tamriel" (Factbook: Politics).
- : Fractured Tamriel published "The Empire of Tamriel" (Factbook: Overview).
- : Fractured Tamriel's influence in The Pacific rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Fractured Tamriel was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Primitive.
- : Following new legislation in Fractured Tamriel, elections have been outlawed.
- : Following new legislation in Fractured Tamriel, tourists from around the world come to visit the country's famous rainforests.