|Capital||New Far Tholk City|
The Democratic People's Republic of Far Tholk is a colossal, efficient nation, renowned for its irreverence towards religion, absence of drug laws, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, democratic population of 9.29 billion Far Tholkians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The enormous, liberal, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of New Far Tholk City. The average income tax rate is 86.7%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The all-consuming Far Tholkian economy, worth 950 trillion gold pieces a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing and Retail. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 102,287 gold pieces, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Imitation is the sincerest form of felony, parents dread their examinations more than their children, feuilletons can only be deciphered with a Galliennais dictionary, and there's a shortage of swinging hot spots as land development grinds to a halt. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Far Tholk's national animal is the squirrel, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Far Tholk was endorsed by The Noble-State Democracy of Zeiram.
- : Far Tholk endorsed The Republic of Scalizagasti.
- : Far Tholk endorsed The United States of Tuso.
- : Far Tholk was endorsed by The Republic of Scalizagasti.
- : Far Tholk was endorsed by The United States of Tuso.
- : Far Tholk was endorsed by Kisnal.
- : Far Tholk was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Drug Use.
- : The Holy Empire of Holy Empire of Holy Empire of Loaf dismissed Far Tholk as President of The Great Experiment.
- : Far Tholk lodged a message on the The Great Experiment Regional Message Board.
- : Far Tholk created a new poll in The Great Experiment: "Small Fix Amendment #4".
Endorsements Received: 16 » Itheria, Pekares, ImperialRepublic, United Lands of Conquest, Nightcrest, Peshwas, Carrata, NewArizona, Evansa, Zergadnkastan, United Provin, Socialist Elrinia, Thornenburt, Tuso, Scalizagasti, and Zeiram.