The Democratic Republic of Ethernetia is a tiny, safe nation, renowned for its irreverence towards religion and suspicion of poets. The hard-nosed, hard-working population of 18 million Ethernetians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The relatively small government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Education, and Defense. The average income tax rate is 14.6%.
The Ethernetian economy, worth 983 billion WiCoins a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Trout Farming industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Tourism, and Cheese Exports. Average income is 54,645 WiCoins, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.0 times as much as the poorest.
Stolen Reuben sandwiches are met with detailed and thorough police investigations, parents who reward their teens' chores with concert tickets are charged with illegal reselling, holidays are regarded as the most miserable time of the year, and jabbing a baby's bottle at officials gets parents waved straight through immigration. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Ethernetia's national animal is the red eagle, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Ethernetia was endorsed by The Federal Republic of Kyrica.
- : Ethernetia was endorsed by The Republic of Gliesetonia.
- : Ethernetia was endorsed by The Kaiju fan addict of Othenhiem.
- : Ethernetia lost the endorsement of The Kaiju fan addict of Othenhiem.
- : Ethernetia's influence in Europe rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Ethernetia was endorsed by The Carib- Atlantic Union of North of Americas.
- : Ethernetia was endorsed by The Soviet Republic of GanymedEuropa.
- : Following new legislation in Ethernetia, jabbing a baby's bottle at officials gets parents waved straight through immigration.
- : Following new legislation in Ethernetia, holidays are regarded as the most miserable time of the year.
- : Following new legislation in Ethernetia, parents who reward their teens' chores with concert tickets are charged with illegal reselling.
Endorsements Received: 50 » New Eestiball, Meropis, Walfo, The New Mexican Confederation, The Champions League, Mynox, Imperium Anglorum, Abject Ludicrosity, Invernessia, Ausvelt, Yahlia, Kanokla, Saint Domingo, Enway, Nova Babilonia, St Scarlett, Apabeossie, Zarulia, The New Nordic Union, Estoniia, The Oriental Empire, Northern German Federation, Irminsulia, Trixeland, Regnum Italiae, Drew Durrnil, Bathera, Eski, Republic of Satherland, Woschia, Shaor, Elisabethshagen, Sicilian Imperial-Capitalist Empire, NorthPortugal, Destyntine, Thracia Republic, New Rocland, Leiningerland, The Poland-Lithuania Commonwealth, Jim the Baptist, Parliamentary Laramidia, Nuweland, The Reunited Yugoslavs, Dark Matter, Uzbek Khan, GanymedEuropa, North of Americas, Othenhiem, Gliesetonia, and Kyrica.