The People's Republic of Eotheood is a massive, socially progressive nation, ruled by John Ragnarsson with an even hand, and renowned for its conspicuous electricity pylons, irreverence towards religion, and absence of drug laws. The compassionate, humorless population of 1.191 billion Hobbits have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked morass — juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Nova Roma. The average income tax rate is 92.8%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The powerhouse Eotheoodian economy, worth 103 trillion denarii a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is dominated by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Information Technology, and Retail. Average income is 86,966 denarii, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Refugees from other nations are flocking to Eotheood's border, Eotheood isn't what it used to be, cremation is compulsory for the deceased, and school lockers are filled with fancy underwear. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Eotheood's national animal is the selkie, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Eotheood, school lockers are filled with fancy underwear.
- : Following new legislation in Eotheood, cremation is compulsory for the deceased.
- : Following new legislation in Eotheood, Eotheood isn't what it used to be.
- : Eotheood voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Honeydewistania".
- : Following new legislation in Eotheood, refugees from other nations are flocking to Eotheood's border.
- : Eotheood voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Reducing Microplastics".
- : Eotheood was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Rebellious Youth.
- : Eotheood voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Marrabuk".
- : Eotheood lodged a message on the The Empire of Nova Roma Regional Message Board.
- : Eotheood appointed The Empire of Byantuim Empire as Praetor with authority over Appearance, Border Control, Communications, Embassies, and Polls in The Empire of Nova Roma.
Endorsements Received: 1 » Julianios.