|Leader||Premier Carwyn Davies|
The Industrial Unionist Republic of Emazia is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by Premier Carwyn Davies with an even hand, and notable for its daily referendums, frequent executions, and irreverence towards religion. The hard-nosed population of 1.18 billion Emazians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Administration, Law & Order, and Industry. The average income tax rate is 40.0%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The powerhouse Emazian economy, worth 100 trillion Emazian Pounds a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a slick, highly efficient, broadly diversified black market in Retail, Automobile Manufacturing, Cheese Exports, and Uranium Mining. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 85,156 Emazian Pounds, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.3 times as much as the poorest.
Drills and shovels have been banned as the government cracks down on any means of fracking, Emazians submit requests for a date in writing with an enclosed RSVP card, the delay between passed legislation and real world implementation is often a decade or longer, and every day has been a surprise since weather reporters turned to consulting ancient totems for their seven-day forecasts. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Emazia's national animal is the iron-cast eagle, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Emazia, every day has been a surprise since weather reporters turned to consulting ancient totems for their seven-day forecasts.
- : Emazia changed its national leader to "Premier Carwyn Davies".
- : Emazia changed its national nation type to "Industrial Unionist Republic".
- : Emazia altered its national flag.
- : Emazia changed its national motto to "The people, united, will never be defeated!" and its nation type to "The Industrial Union".
- : Following new legislation in Emazia, the delay between passed legislation and real world implementation is often a decade or longer.
- : Following new legislation in Emazia, Emazians submit requests for a date in writing with an enclosed RSVP card.
- : Following new legislation in Emazia, drills and shovels have been banned as the government cracks down on any means of fracking.
- : Emazia lodged a message on the Thaecia Regional Message Board.
- : Following new legislation in Emazia, courses in how to boil water are popular for formerly microwave-reliant Emazians.
Endorsements Received: 48 » Brototh, Korsinia, The Marconian State, Marvinville, The Peoples Caribbean Union, World Trade, Rumors, Flandronia, Peabodia, German Moravia, Lemonadia, Indian Genius, Orleanth, Zon island, PRIMO ORDER, The Greater Ohio Valley, CN888, Actias, Besancia, Bahnhof, Surrexerunt Lilia, Ermica, ASEAN Nations, Hartenia, Rayekka, Giant Redwoods, United States of America 4, Taralania, Andusre, KyrieEleison, Nouvelle Valois, Rushenberg, Freytoria, Quitman Mississippi, Zermanny, Orsily, Broustan, Rivogna, Food can into Space, Shoila, Uppenja, Antenion, New United Goryeo, Crakatiel, The Bigtopia, Taungu, British Verona, and Cirrus Azale.