The Republic of Dows Vil is a very large, orderly nation, renowned for its ubiquitous missile silos, frequent executions, and punitive income tax rates. The hard-nosed, cynical population of 123 million Dows Vilians are ruled with an iron fist by the dictatorship government, which ensures that no-one outside the party gets too rich. In their personal lives, however, citizens are relatively unoppressed; it remains to be seen whether this is because the government genuinely cares about its people, or if it hasn't gotten around to stamping out civil rights yet.
The enormous, socially-minded government is primarily concerned with Defense, with Education, Law & Order, and Healthcare also on the agenda, while Spirituality is ignored. The average income tax rate is 61.4%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but underdeveloped Dows Vilian economy, worth 3.53 trillion florins a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. However, for those in the know, there is a large, well-organized, quite specialized black market in Trout Farming, Arms Manufacturing, Woodchip Exports, and Cheese Exports. The private sector mostly consists of enterprising ten-year-olds selling lemonade on the sidewalk, but the government is looking at stamping this out. Average income is 28,696 florins, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Women mime their gynaecological symptoms with hand-puppets, pet loving officers arrest citizens who don't give their dogs enough biscuits, posters encourage people to "Just Do It!", and courtrooms can be a little sketchy. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Dows Vil's national animal is the tiger, which is also the nation's favorite main course.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Dows Vil's influence in NationStates rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Following new legislation in Dows Vil, courtrooms can be a little sketchy.
- : Dows Vil was reclassified from "Psychotic Dictatorship" to "Corrupt Dictatorship".
- : Following new legislation in Dows Vil, posters encourage people to "Just Do It!".
- : Following new legislation in Dows Vil, pet loving officers arrest citizens who don't give their dogs enough biscuits.
- : Following new legislation in Dows Vil, women mime their gynaecological symptoms with hand-puppets.
- : Following new legislation in Dows Vil, unpackaged foodstuffs rot on store shelves.
- : Dows Vil was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Authoritarian and Most Avoided.
- : Following new legislation in Dows Vil, the nation's endangered species are no longer endangered.
- : Following new legislation in Dows Vil, purported secret military bases are dismissed by Leader to be highly-advanced toilet factories.