The Theocracy of Cythus is a colossal, efficient nation, ruled by Nikolai Zubkov with an iron fist, and renowned for its barren, inhospitable landscape, compulsory military service, and absence of drug laws. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical, devout population of 5.984 billion Cythusians are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The medium-sized, corrupt, well-organized government prioritizes Defense, although Industry, Healthcare, and Law & Order are also considered important, while International Aid receives no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Zi'Malazyr. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 27.7%.
The frighteningly efficient Cythusian economy, worth 603 trillion Rurs a year, is broadly diversified and dominated by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Automobile Manufacturing, and Uranium Mining. Black market activity is notable. Average income is an impressive 100,930 Rurs, with the richest citizens earning 9.7 times as much as the poorest.
Motorists' locations are constantly tracked by intelligence and law enforcement agencies, antique comic book collectors are disappointed to hear that their treasures are worth exactly as little as their mothers said they were, Maxtopian tourists make expensive pilgrimages to Zi'Malazyr to enjoy their national art, and the justice of Cythus is considered superior to that of other nations. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Cythus's national animal is the Komodo Dragon, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its national religion is Blivoshism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Cythus's influence in Xusma Puppet Warehouse rose from "Enforcer" to "Eminence Grise".
- : Cythus's influence in Xusma Puppet Warehouse rose from "Dealmaker" to "Enforcer".
- : Cythus appointed The Holy Grand Empire of Xusma as Daddy with authority over Appearance, Border Control, Communications, Embassies, and Polls in Xusma Puppet Warehouse.
- : Cythus's influence in Xusma Puppet Warehouse fell from "Enforcer" to "Dealmaker".
- : Cythus's influence in Xusma Puppet Warehouse fell from "Eminence Grise" to "Enforcer".
- : Cythus's influence in Xusma Puppet Warehouse fell from "Powerbroker" to "Eminence Grise".
- : Cythus's influence in Xusma Puppet Warehouse fell from "Power" to "Powerbroker".
- : Cythus updated the World Factbook entry in Xusma Puppet Warehouse.
- : Cythus's influence in Xusma Puppet Warehouse rose from "Powerbroker" to "Power".
- : Cythus withdrew a request for embassies between Xusma Puppet Warehouse and The League of Conservative Nations.