The Nomadic Peoples of Correos is a very large, safe nation, remarkable for its restrictive gun laws, devotion to social welfare, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, devout population of 101 million Correosians are fiercely patriotic and enjoy great social equality; they tend to view other, more capitalist countries as somewhat immoral and corrupt.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked, socially-minded morass — juggles the competing demands of Welfare, Education, and Healthcare. The average income tax rate is 75.8%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but sluggish Correosian economy, worth 2.40 trillion Cartas a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Book Publishing industry, with major contributions from Pizza Delivery and Basket Weaving. Average income is 23,802 Cartas, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The government funds large training centres to turn Iberian lynxes into functioning members of society, the nation leads United Kingdom in per capita stalking, the tragedy of the commons is being tested nationwide but everyone says it's somebody else's problem, and racial and religious segregation has become rife as the various groups are loath to mingle. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Correos's national animal is the Iberian lynx, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Correos was endorsed by The Republic of Unitegone.
- : Correos was endorsed by The Kingdom Business heaven of West Papua states.
- : Correos's influence in United Kingdom rose from "Nipper" to "Minnow".
- : Correos's influence in United Kingdom rose from "Newcomer" to "Nipper".
- : Correos was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most World Assembly Endorsements.
- : Correos was endorsed by The WA Delegate of South Boston Irishmen.
- : Correos's influence in United Kingdom rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Correos was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Foreign Aid Spending.
- : Following new legislation in Correos, racial and religious segregation has become rife as the various groups are loath to mingle.
- : Following new legislation in Correos, the tragedy of the commons is being tested nationwide but everyone says it's somebody else's problem.