The Republic of Common-Sense Politics is a gargantuan, cultured nation, ruled by CSP with a fair hand, and notable for its museums and concert halls, pith helmet sales, and public floggings. The hard-nosed, democratic, cheerful population of 22.617 billion pilgrims hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The minute, outspoken government, or what there is of one, prioritizes Defense, although Education, Industry, and Law & Order are also considered important, while Welfare and Social Policy receive no funds. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Seacouver. The average income tax rate is 1.9%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient pilgrim economy, worth a remarkable 4,034 trillion rhetorical questions a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Book Publishing, Arms Manufacturing, and Retail. State-owned companies are common. Average income is an impressive 178,379 rhetorical questions, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Blind dates tend to result in bruised shins, confessions don't count if suffixed with "izzle", drills and shovels have been banned as the government cracks down on any means of fracking, and the slowest students feel vaguely targeted by their Mendelian Inheritance coursework. Crime, especially youth-related, is a major problem, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Common-Sense Politics's national animal is the gagged Aexnidaral, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Common-Sense Politics resigned from the World Assembly.
- : Common-Sense Politics suppressed a post on the New Plimouth Regional Message Board.
- : Common-Sense Politics voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Marrabuk".
- : Common-Sense Politics voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Reducing Microplastics".
- : Common-Sense Politics's influence in New Plimouth rose from "Eminence Grise" to "Powerbroker".
- : Common-Sense Politics was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Crime Rates.
- : Common-Sense Politics endorsed The Most Serene Republic of Aelm.
- : Common-Sense Politics endorsed The Democratic States of Prepheast.
- : Common-Sense Politics endorsed The Republic of Irish Liberal Brotherhood.
- : Common-Sense Politics endorsed The Federation of Svalveria.