The Confederation of Chekrand is a massive, cultured nation, ruled by Adrianos Kalogeros with a fair hand, and renowned for its museums and concert halls, keen interest in outer space, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, democratic population of 3.861 billion Chekrans hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The large, liberal government juggles the competing demands of Administration, Education, and Defense. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Syrta. The average income tax rate is 77.1%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Chekran economy, worth 455 trillion dollars a year, is led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Tourism, and Arms Manufacturing. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is an impressive 117,850 dollars, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
People talk about things being better when men were men, birth rates have hit an all-time low, citizens know never to accept cookies from strangers, and citizens can be frequently spotted going about their business stark naked. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Chekrand's national animal is the golden eagle, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is State-Enforced Apathy.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Chekrand endorsed The Influence Obsessed Nation of Dome Artan.
- : Chekrand relocated from The North Pacific to The Union of Democratic States.
- : Chekrand relocated from Third Imperial Union to The North Pacific.
- : Following new legislation in Chekrand, citizens can be frequently spotted going about their business stark naked.
- : Following new legislation in Chekrand, citizens know never to accept cookies from strangers.
- : Following new legislation in Chekrand, birth rates have hit an all-time low.
- : Chekrand was endorsed by The Commonwealth of Third Imperial Union.
- : Following new legislation in Chekrand, people talk about things being better when men were men.
- : Chekrand relocated from The North Pacific to Third Imperial Union.
- : Chekrand was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Inclusive.
Endorsements Received: None.