|Leader||Kaiser Wilhelm IV|
The Anarcho-Socialist Kingdom of Catlania is a huge, efficient nation, ruled by Kaiser Wilhelm IV with an even hand, and remarkable for its ban on automobiles, restrictive gun laws, and stringent health and safety legislation. The compassionate, hard-working, democratic population of 936 million Catlans have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The medium-sized government juggles the competing demands of Administration, Education, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Catlanburg. The average income tax rate is 50.7%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The powerhouse Catlanian economy, worth 82.8 trillion Euros a year, is led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Book Publishing, and Basket Weaving. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 88,430 Euros, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.4 times as much as the poorest.
The government sends submarines to retrieve bodies from shipwrecked submarines, people who tease dwarfs are being cut down to size, a government program is underway to revitalize Catlania's beaches, and nose plugs are the latest Catlanian fashion accessory. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Catlania's national animal is the Golden Eagle, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Catlania was endorsed by The Most Serene Republic of The Axis of Death.
- : Following new legislation in Catlania, nose plugs are the latest Catlanian fashion accessory.
- : Catlania was endorsed by The Federal Republic of En Hassik.
- : Catlania was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Most Beautiful Environments.
- : Following new legislation in Catlania, a government program is underway to revitalize Catlania's beaches.
- : Following new legislation in Catlania, people who tease dwarfs are being cut down to size.
- : Following new legislation in Catlania, the government sends submarines to retrieve bodies from shipwrecked submarines.
- : Following new legislation in Catlania, strict term limits have been applied to all elected offices.
- : Following new legislation in Catlania, the government is in utter turmoil following the recent abolishment of the tax code.
- : Catlania's influence in Europe rose from "Minnow" to "Sprat".
Endorsements Received: 61 » The New Mexican Confederation, Rivierenland, Owlograd, Imperium Anglorum, Sicilian Imperial-Capitalist Empire, Elisabethshagen, Estellan, Agrigentian, Shaor, The States of Texas and Arkansas, Invernessia, Destyntine, Meropis, Republic of Satherland, Yahlia, Northern German Federation, St Scarlett, Jim the Baptist, Ausvelt, Saint Domingo, Kyrica, Uzbek Khan, Anskerdank, Dark Matter, Walfo, Thracia Republic, Irminsulia, The Champions League, Trixeland, Kanokla, Abject Ludicrosity, The Reunited Yugoslavs, Leiningerland, Eski, The Poland-Lithuania Commonwealth, Valtrona, The Seven Provinces, Christian Terra, GanymedEuropa, Regnum Italiae, Imperial Kaiserreich Germany, Brakanistan, The New Nordic Union, Asparagusia, Maraleeri, NorthPortugal, Eco-Paris Reformation, Mynox, Wombelland, Enway, and 11 others.Continental Social Democrats, Nova Babilonia, Apabeossie, North of Americas, Othenhiem, Gliesetonia, Nardin, Nuevo Europa, Zulrich, En Hassik, and The Axis of Death.