|Leader||John Benjamin Adams|
|Animal||Victoria Crowned Pidgeon|
The Republic of Cape Adamantis is a huge, efficient nation, ruled by John Benjamin Adams with an even hand, and renowned for its ubiquitous missile silos, frequent executions, and suspicion of poets. The hard-nosed, hard-working, democratic population of 900 million Adamantians are either ruled by a sleek, efficient government or a conglomerate of multinational corporations; it's difficult to tell which.
The minute, pro-business government, or what there is of one, juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Victoria City. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 4.8%.
The powerhouse Adamantian economy, worth 74.2 trillion Strong Adamantias a year, is driven almost entirely by the private sector, which is fairly diversified and led by the Retail industry, with major contributions from Soda Sales, Tourism, and Information Technology. Average income is 82,479 Strong Adamantias, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 266,994 per year while the poor average 19,240, a ratio of 13.9 to 1.
There is a disproportionate number of poor people in prison, excessive wheelchair ramps on government buildings have been compared to theme park attractions, gift baskets often contain working nukes, and attempts to inform people about their unclaimed property are often mistaken for telephone scams. Crime, especially youth-related, is a serious problem, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Cape Adamantis's national animal is the Victoria Crowned Pidgeon, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Cape Adamantis voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Deadeye Jack".
- : Cape Adamantis voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Freedom of dress".
- : Following new legislation in Cape Adamantis, attempts to inform people about their unclaimed property are often mistaken for telephone scams.
- : Following new legislation in Cape Adamantis, gift baskets often contain working nukes.
- : Following new legislation in Cape Adamantis, excessive wheelchair ramps on government buildings have been compared to theme park attractions.
- : Cape Adamantis endorsed The Republic of Kitsunistan.
- : Cape Adamantis was endorsed by The Republic of Kitsunistan.
- : Cape Adamantis voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Protecting Convicted Voters".
- : Cape Adamantis voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Condemn Quebecshire".
- : Following new legislation in Cape Adamantis, there is a disproportionate number of poor people in prison.
Endorsements Received: 40 » BBoss, Narvatus, Tiocfadh, Linkers Sha, Sulivannia, My Nation, Artannia, Ratakosha, Emaha, Tyuleniy, Grand Abaco, Alicetopia, Parenlord, Municipality of Baria and Vungtau, The Free France, ZenPenguin, Zuuri, La Mode, The Egalitarian Dominion of Yutes, Laidir, Asianite, Manoresca, Karsopolis, Obets, Larontia, Novissima Terra, Santo Andreo, Nevtheria, Northern Celtic Regions, Veleburg, United State of Ancolia, United States of Kerthenia, Gabeopolis, Somennia, Doctors Orvos, People of Nolan, The Mikalan Empire, Archargentina, Europan Union, and Kitsunistan.