The Sarcasm Tag of Canaltia is a colossal, genial nation, ruled by Jason North with a fair hand, and renowned for its rum-swilling pirates, ban on automobiles, and complete lack of prisons. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 6.218 billion Canaltians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The large, liberal, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Education, Environment, and Administration. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Bondiclav. The average income tax rate is 98.8%.
The frighteningly efficient Canaltian economy, worth a remarkable 1,428 trillion pence a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is quite specialized, is led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Book Publishing, and Retail. Average income is an amazing 229,782 pence, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Primetime re-runs of The Black and White Minstrel Show are a critical hit, politicians tend to speak more loudly and slowly these days, heartfelt sentiments are mercilessly marketed by a million-pence treacle machine, and every new building project has to undergo a five-year environmental impact study before it can go ahead. Crime is totally unknown. Canaltia's national animal is the hawk, which soars majestically through the nation's famously clear skies, and its national religion is pointless.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Canaltia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Wallenburg".
- : Canaltia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Wartime Journalism Protection Act"".
- : Canaltia was ranked in the Top 1% of the world for Rudest Citizens.
- : Canaltia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Nuremgard".
- : Canaltia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Integrity in Law Enforcement".
- : Canaltia endorsed The Colony of South Bees.
- : Canaltia was endorsed by The Colony of South Bees.
- : Canaltia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Protecting Legal Rights of Workers".
- : Canaltia voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Trotterdam".
- : Canaltia lodged a message on the Forest Regional Message Board.
Endorsements Received: 77 » Ruinenlust, Chilledsville, The Black Forrest, Candlewhisper Archive, Ransium, Ownzone, Aeterno Tranquillitas, Ziotah and Riverside, Kawastyselir, Dwardossa, Feladria, Turbeaux, Reannia, The New Bluestocking Homeland, Fahx, Entitize, Eryndlynd, Cannibaland, Taco Respublic, The Void Territories, Ironic Remarks, Forgotten Beauty, Caterasia, Window Land, Wantevolo, Verdant Haven, Sacara, Cat-Herders United, Love and Nature, Edible Plywood, Novian Republics, Artemis, Greyveldt, Ordand, Eaven, Kinectia, Hyon Delta, Bananaistan, Plifte, Octopus Islands, Lura, Bregaria, The Righteous Order of Youth, Tur Ada, Palos Heights, Cheloboria, Porth Dunwich, Spengland et South Toiwan, Krisylia, Ashrah, and 27 others.Blon Gre, Frieden-und Freudenland, Bilsa, Appendia, Effazio, Bakwaas, Pen Blanityion, Groenwald, Anachronolandia, Atsvea, Deontologia, Tscharva, Middle Barael, McClandia Doge 2, Pythaga, Girelna, New Kvenland, Paplia, Heidgaudr, Rivienland, South Wal Saland, Forestal, Roless, Norginlajicratefe, Talgarth, BEKM, and Alcantaria.