The Empire of Britway is a huge, orderly nation, renowned for its frequent executions, soft-spoken computers, and suspicion of poets. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 789 million Britwayians are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The relatively small, moralistic, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Administration, and Law & Order. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 9.4%.
The strong Britwayian economy, worth 51.5 trillion Pounds a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is broadly diversified, is led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Automobile Manufacturing, Arms Manufacturing, and Gambling. Average income is 65,273 Pounds, but there is a significant disparity between incomes, with the richest 10% of citizens earning 204,190 per year while the poor average 16,005, a ratio of 12.8 to 1.
Maintaining economic growth is no laughing matter, the nation's police officers are famously miserable-looking, only AIs know why the nation is rapidly increasing its semiconductor stockpile, and fearful citizens watch their every move as does their government. Crime, especially youth-related, is well under control, despite the fact that it is difficult to make it through a day without breaking one of the country's many laws. Britway's national animal is the fox, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Britway was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Highest Workforce Participation Rate and the Top 10% for Most Conservative.
- : Following new legislation in Britway, fearful citizens watch their every move as does their government.
- : Following new legislation in Britway, only AIs know why the nation is rapidly increasing its semiconductor stockpile.
- : Britway was reclassified from "Corporate Police State" to "Iron Fist Consumerists".
- : Following new legislation in Britway, the nation's police officers are famously miserable-looking.
- : Following new legislation in Britway, maintaining economic growth is no laughing matter.
- : Following new legislation in Britway, getting a haircut is a punishable offence.
- : Britway was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Disposable Incomes.
- : Britway was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Wealthy Incomes and Fattest Citizens.
- : Following new legislation in Britway, all government facilities are built in the subterranean citadel of Britway City.