The Workers' Council Republic of Brezzia is a gargantuan, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Compagno Presidente with a fair hand, and renowned for its smutty television, rampant corporate plagiarism, and multi-spousal wedding ceremonies. The compassionate, democratic, cheerful population of 10.754 billion Brezzians hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The tiny, outspoken government juggles the competing demands of Administration, Education, and Industry. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Nova Sybaris. The average income tax rate is 4.5%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Brezzian economy, worth a remarkable 2,874 trillion tarýs a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is broadly diversified, is led by the Tourism industry, with major contributions from Information Technology, Book Publishing, and Retail. Average income is an amazing 267,297 tarýs, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
New funding allows inner city teachers to replace school laptops almost as fast as they get stolen, white strait-jackets are the new orange jumpsuits, the government is giving peace a chance, and the nation's museums are real penny-pinchers. Crime, especially youth-related, is moderate, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Brezzia's national animal is the wolf, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Dudeism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Brezzia was endorsed by The Imperil Communist State of Soviet Kem.
- : Brezzia lodged a message on the The Communist Bloc Regional Message Board.
- : Brezzia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Best Weather.
- : Brezzia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Ship Recycling and Breaking Protocols".
- : Brezzia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "On the supremacy of the Potato".
- : Following new legislation in Brezzia, the nation's museums are real penny-pinchers.
- : Following new legislation in Brezzia, the government is giving peace a chance.
- : Following new legislation in Brezzia, white strait-jackets are the new orange jumpsuits.
- : Following new legislation in Brezzia, new funding allows inner city teachers to replace school laptops almost as fast as they get stolen.
- : Following new legislation in Brezzia, Max Barry is this year's Miss Brezzia.
Endorsements Received: 21 » Shamian, Socialist Indian Republics, Gynokerkys, Flyrinia, Feyrisshire, Council of America, Greater Lenoland, Praxia, Jus Publicum Europaeum, Terra Saxonia, Keaben, Sankaran, Kawlastad, Quba, Violene Islands, Sodoran Alesia, Jusrebus, Shevik, New Astri, The Golden Oldies, and Soviet Kem.