|Leader||Octavius Merenda II|
The Empire of BokChoi is a massive, efficient nation, ruled by Octavius Merenda II with an iron fist, and remarkable for its public floggings, absence of drug laws, and stringent health and safety legislation. The hard-nosed, cynical, devout population of 1.987 billion BokChoians are kept under strict control by the oppressive government, which measures its success by the nation's GDP and refers to individual citizens as "human resources."
The enormous, corrupt, well-organized government juggles the competing demands of Defense, Law & Order, and Education. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Lightning. The average income tax rate is 68.3%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The very strong BokChoian economy, worth 118 trillion Bolts a year, is quite specialized and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Book Publishing, Basket Weaving, and Cheese Exports. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 59,684 Bolts, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The nation is committed to nuclear rearmament, schoolboys who turn to watch pretty girls go by are given detention, grinning punters say that casino roulette is the greatest high that life has to offer, and there is a law against "filthy foreign food". Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. BokChoi's national animal is the Seaturrtle, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Golderism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in BokChoi, there is a law against "filthy foreign food".
- : Following new legislation in BokChoi, grinning punters say that casino roulette is the greatest high that life has to offer.
- : Following new legislation in BokChoi, schoolboys who turn to watch pretty girls go by are given detention.
- : Following new legislation in BokChoi, the nation is committed to nuclear rearmament.
- : BokChoi changed its national leader to "Octavius Merenda II".
- : BokChoi changed its national leader to "Justus Merenda III".
- : BokChoi was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Advanced Law Enforcement.
- : BokChoi voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Long-Term Storage Of Produced Waste".
- : BokChoi voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Kelssek".
- : Following new legislation in BokChoi, prison reforms have replaced communal luaus with communal loos.
Endorsements Received: None.