The United States of Babatundee is a massive, safe nation, renowned for its keen interest in outer space, irreverence towards religion, and punitive income tax rates. The quiet, industrious population of 1.204 billion Babatundeeans have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Law & Order, Education, and Healthcare. The average income tax rate is 58.3%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but inefficient Babatundeean economy, worth 48.1 trillion tundees a year, is highly specialized and mostly made up of the Trout Farming industry, with significant contributions from Arms Manufacturing and Basket Weaving. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 39,939 tundees, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
The government spends millions of tundees every year prosecuting spammers, billions of tundees are being poured into a space program, the nation's arms dealers guarantee discretion and untraceable transactions, and the government is giving peace a chance. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a very well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Babatundee's national animal is the tuna, which frolics freely in the nation's sparkling oceans.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Babatundee published "model UN reflection 5" (Factbook: International).
- : Babatundee altered its national flag.
- : Babatundee created a custom banner.
- : Babatundee changed its national motto to "I like em big Like em Chunky".
- : Babatundee published "The Empire strikes First" (Factbook: Miscellaneous).
- : Following new legislation in Babatundee, the government is giving peace a chance.
- : Babatundee published "Ransoms Noted" (Factbook: Miscellaneous).
- : Following new legislation in Babatundee, the nation's arms dealers guarantee discretion and untraceable transactions.
- : Babatundee published "babatundee looks to the stars" (Factbook: Miscellaneous).
- : Following new legislation in Babatundee, billions of tundees are being poured into a space program.
Endorsements Received: None.