|Faith||Ten Thousand Gods|
The Beacon in the East of Azumaterasu is a massive, cultured nation, ruled by Shinonome Tenno with a fair hand, and notable for its barren, inhospitable landscape and compulsory military service. The hard-working, democratic population of 1.103 billion Azumajin enjoy a sensible mix of personal and economic freedoms, while the political process is open and the people's right to vote held sacrosanct.
The relatively small government juggles the competing demands of Welfare, Defense, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Shohaikyo. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 9.5%.
The very strong Azuma economy, worth 68.9 trillion yins a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Basket Weaving industry, with major contributions from Trout Farming, Arms Manufacturing, and Door-to-door Insurance Sales. Average income is 62,503 yins, with the richest citizens earning 6.4 times as much as the poorest.
It is illegal for police officers to carry out searches due to strict privacy laws, tax-payers are funding ever more extravagant movie projects, baby boys who pick up pink crayons are sent to a psychiatric ward, and Ten Thousand Gods has been named as Azumaterasu's national religion. Crime is moderate, with the police force struggling against a lack of funding and a high mortality rate. Azumaterasu's national animal is the charcoal spider, which can occasionally be seen sifting through garbage in the nation's cities, and its national religion is Ten Thousand Gods.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Azumaterasu published "(OOC) M3m35 4 @z00m@73r@500" (Factbook: Miscellaneous).
- : Azumaterasu published "Summary of This Nation's User" (Factbook: Miscellaneous).
- : Azumaterasu published "International Freedom Index (to be posted)" (Factbook: Trivia).
- : Azumaterasu published "International Corruption Index (to be posted)" (Factbook: Trivia).
- : Azumaterasu changed its national capital to "Shohaikyo".
- : Azumaterasu published "International Safety Index (to be posted)" (Factbook: Trivia).
- : Azumaterasu published "Amber Magic (WIP)" (Factbook: Economy).
- : Azumaterasu published "Another temporary factbook" (Factbook: Overview).
- : Azumaterasu published "To soon be deleted: F&NI List of National Leaders" (Factbook: Overview).
- : Azumaterasu published "(Noncanon) Smeirology" (Meta: Reference).