The Free Land of Atto is a massive, safe nation, remarkable for its keen interest in outer space, ban on automobiles, and restrictive gun laws. The hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 1.057 billion Attoans are ruled by a mostly-benevolent dictator, who grants the populace the freedom to live their own lives but watches carefully for anyone to slip up.
The medium-sized, corrupt, well-organized government prioritizes Law & Order, although Defense, Education, and Industry are also considered important, while Spirituality and Welfare aren't funded at all. The average income tax rate is 38.2%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The all-consuming Attoan economy, worth 90.1 trillion florins a year, is fairly diversified and dominated by the Tourism industry, with significant contributions from Information Technology, Door-to-door Insurance Sales, and Basket Weaving. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 85,278 florins, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Visiting dignitaries make excuses to leave functions early and head to the nearest pub, most of the population has had bad experiences with hoes, pet loving officers arrest citizens who don't give their dogs enough biscuits, and citizens simply have to point a weapon at a government official to get what they want. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Atto's national animal is the cobra, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Atto's influence in Lazarus rose from "Hatchling" to "Newcomer".
- : Atto's influence in Lazarus rose from "Unproven" to "Hatchling".
- : Atto's influence in Lazarus rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Following new legislation in Atto, citizens simply have to point a weapon at a government official to get what they want.
- : Following new legislation in Atto, pet loving officers arrest citizens who don't give their dogs enough biscuits.
- : Atto was refounded in Lazarus.
- : Atto ceased to exist in Thaecia.
- : Atto was endorsed by The People's Republic of Andusre.
- : Atto was endorsed by The Endorse Brototh of The Islamic Country of Honour.
- : Atto was ranked in the Top 10% of the world for Highest Poor Incomes.