The Empire of Atain is a colossal, socially progressive nation, ruled by The President with an even hand, and remarkable for its daily referendums, sprawling nuclear power plants, and irreverence towards religion. The hard-nosed, humorless population of 9.807 billion Atainians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The tiny, corrupt government juggles the competing demands of Education, Industry, and Healthcare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Eagleton. The average income tax rate is 4.2%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Atainian economy, worth a remarkable 2,874 trillion Reams a year, is broadly diversified and dominated by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Arms Manufacturing, Retail, and Automobile Manufacturing. Black market activity is frequent. Average income is an amazing 293,081 Reams, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.1 times as much as the poorest.
Infantry are nicknamed "mushrooms" because they get fed crap and are left in the dark, cremation is compulsory for the deceased, daisy chain gangs plant flowers and pick up litter, and babies are a small but significant export. Crime is totally unknown. Atain's national animal is the Eagle, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to toxic air pollution.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Atain, babies are a small but significant export.
- : Following new legislation in Atain, daisy chain gangs plant flowers and pick up litter.
- : Atain's influence in Balder rose from "Zero" to "Unproven".
- : Atain was refounded in Balder.
- : Atain ceased to exist in The North Pacific.
- : Atain was endorsed by The Illuminate Imperium of Kuveria.
- : Atain was endorsed by The New Comfedian Empire of Comfed.
- : Atain was endorsed by The Borderlands of Sakusen.
- : Atain was endorsed by The Nation formally by the name of 9003.
- : Atain was endorsed by The Country of Jerzykowo.