|Leader||Empress Maria Artannina III|
|Animal||Artannian Winged Lion|
The Empire of Artannia is a massive, genial nation, ruled by Empress Maria Artannina III with an even hand, and notable for its keen interest in outer space, strictly enforced bedtime, and frequent executions. The compassionate, democratic population of 2.753 billion Artanns have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The large government juggles the competing demands of Administration, Education, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Artanna. The average income tax rate is 71.9%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The frighteningly efficient Artannian economy, worth 272 trillion Dynnars a year, is quite specialized and dominated by the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Beef-Based Agriculture, Tourism, and Book Publishing. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 99,085 Dynnars, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 2.2 times as much as the poorest.
Convicted felons are forced into slavery for their crimes, more sidewalk is dedicated to animals than people, fishermen take out second mortgages to afford the yearly fishing permit, and gossip magazines have pictures of Empress Maria Artannina III sunbathing on the beach with political rivals. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a well-funded police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Artannia's national animal is the Artannian Winged Lion, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Artannian Orthodoxy.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Artannia lost the endorsement of The Traditionalist Commonwealth of Costelberg.
- : Artannia was endorsed by The State of Malevos.
- : Artannia was endorsed by The Traditionalist Commonwealth of Costelberg.
- : Artannia voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Regulation on the Integrity of Genetic Data".
- : Artannia was endorsed by The Commonwealth of Catherful.
- : Artannia was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Safest.
- : Following new legislation in Artannia, gossip magazines have pictures of Empress Maria Artannina III sunbathing on the beach with political rivals.
- : Following new legislation in Artannia, fishermen take out second mortgages to afford the yearly fishing permit.
- : Following new legislation in Artannia, more sidewalk is dedicated to animals than people.
- : Following new legislation in Artannia, convicted felons are forced into slavery for their crimes.
Endorsements Received: 75 » Grand Abaco, My Nation, Gufand, Emaha, Ratakosha, Sulivannia, Narvatus, BBoss, Laidir, The Republic of Awesometopia, Syrisia, Mapperdonia, Archargentina, Tiocfadh, Sparsdan, Linkers Sha, Moka Pamplemousses, Doctors Orvos, Ulymein, Underwater Sovereignties, Karsopolis, Kouper, Gullyslanarmaing, Literian, Ste Franin, Tan Talaba, Joergen, Great Sothos, EileanDonan, The Free France, Shaizan, SIDDHARISTAN, Alternamerica, Mazum Sherrys, Tyuleniy, Parenlord, Amorosa-Coonarra Coasts, Zedyeg, Westfallian States, Cape Adamantis, Muchansskloni, Municipality of Baria and Vungtau, Asianite, ZenPenguin, Zuuri, Demonville, Balkanturistan, Northern Celtic Regions, The Egalitarian Dominion of Yutes, Manoresca, and 25 others.MexUsCan, Kastagistan, Santo Andreo, Gouverne, Obets, Larontia, Novissima Terra, United State of Ancolia, Dagny, Latviarr, Ocean Federation, BBA, Nevtheria, Champlaina, The Pirotian Republic, United States of Kerthenia, Tabeldata, Snowlun, Gabeopolis, Somennia, Dongerland, Europan Union, Songateri, Kitsunistan, and Catherful.