|Leader||The Battotopian Popular Assembly|
The Socialist Republic of Arkti is a massive, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by The Battotopian Popular Assembly with a fair hand, and remarkable for its compulsory vegetarianism, keen interest in outer space, and ban on automobiles. The compassionate, democratic population of 1.048 billion Arktans are free to do what they want with their own bodies, and vote for whomever they like in elections; if they go into business, however, they are regulated to within an inch of their lives.
The enormous government juggles the competing demands of Education, Administration, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Battotopia. The average income tax rate is 94.1%.
The frighteningly efficient Arktian economy, worth 126 trillion Lyras a year, is driven entirely by a combination of government and state-owned industry, with private enterprise illegal. The industrial sector, which is highly specialized, is mostly made up of the Information Technology industry, with significant contributions from Tourism, Book Publishing, and Retail. Average income is an impressive 120,298 Lyras, and distributed extremely evenly, with practically no difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Burning twigs to keep warm while lost in the wild is now a felony, the 'maybe not shock and awe' foreign policy initiative is showing promise, an aboriginal talking stick is used for leaders' debates at election time, and war vets look after war animals. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Arkti's national animal is the Batto, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Secularism.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Following new legislation in Arkti, war vets look after war animals.
- : Following new legislation in Arkti, an aboriginal talking stick is used for leaders' debates at election time.
- : Following new legislation in Arkti, the 'maybe not shock and awe' foreign policy initiative is showing promise.
- : Arkti was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Most Secular.
- : Following new legislation in Arkti, burning twigs to keep warm while lost in the wild is now a felony.
- : Arkti voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Freedom Of Association".
- : Following new legislation in Arkti, official Sermon-Free Zones are set-up around the nation's hotels.
- : Following new legislation in Arkti, government officials are held to the highest standard of morality.
- : Following new legislation in Arkti, the nation's universities are often mistaken for foreign embassies.
- : Following new legislation in Arkti, endocrinology is a rapidly growing field of study.
Endorsements Received: 1 » Planorya.