|Leader||The Grand Lord Of Tasmania|
|Faith||Church of Knowledge|
The Tasmanian Island of Alter Victoria is a massive, genial nation, ruled by The Grand Lord Of Tasmania with an even hand, and renowned for its irreverence towards religion and stringent health and safety legislation. The democratic population of 3.383 billion Hippies enjoy extensive civil rights and enjoy a level of social equality free from the usual accompanying government corruption.
The relatively small government juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Welfare. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Melbourne. The average income tax rate is 21.0%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The large but inefficient Alter Victorian economy, worth 149 trillion Australian Dollars a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Beef-Based Agriculture industry, with major contributions from Tourism, Door-to-door Insurance Sales, and Trout Farming. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 44,307 Australian Dollars, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Only fully-fledged members of MENSA are allowed to vote, teachers prefer to give 'Maybe, Maybe Not' tests when dealing with sensitive subjects, formerly fertile fields are being leached dry of nutrients by intensive farming, and the airship business has been driven out of the country by strict regulations and high fines. Crime is totally unknown. Alter Victoria's national animal is the Leadbeater Possum, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its national religion is Church of Knowledge.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Alter Victoria's influence in Shinka rose from "Zero" to "Apprentice".
- : Alter Victoria resigned from the World Assembly.
- : Alter Victoria relocated from The South Pacific to Shinka.
- : Alter Victoria relocated from The North Pacific to The South Pacific.
- : Alter Victoria relocated from Region Inc to The North Pacific.
- : Alter Victoria's influence in Region Inc rose from "Zero" to "Sprat".
- : Alter Victoria relocated from Shinka to Region Inc.
- : Alter Victoria was endorsed by The Most Serene Republic of Free Las Pinas III.
- : Alter Victoria endorsed The Empire of Emperor Augusta.
- : Alter Victoria was endorsed by The Empire of Emperor Augusta.