The Krátorum of Aelythium is a colossal, environmentally stunning nation, ruled by Kryptos Stravox with an even hand, and renowned for its ban on automobiles, parental licensing program, and stringent health and safety legislation. The hard-nosed, democratic population of 7.761 billion Aelythians have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.
The government — a sprawling, bureaucracy-choked morass — juggles the competing demands of Education, Healthcare, and Environment. It meets to discuss matters of state in the capital city of Chrysos. The average income tax rate is 84.9%, and even higher for the wealthy.
The Aelythian economy, worth 264 trillion asímós a year, is highly specialized and led by the Trout Farming industry, with major contributions from Basket Weaving and Cheese Exports. State-owned companies are reasonably common. Average income is 34,114 asímós, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Citizens wishing to be parents must undertake a series of gruelling tests to evaluate their capabilities, more and more students are taking up a career in medicine, Kryptos Stravox has just been declared ruler of Aelythium in an international press conference, and a major religion has been named as Aelythium's national religion. Crime, especially youth-related, is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Aelythium's national animal is the Chimera, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : Aelythium voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Long-Term Storage Of Produced Waste".
- : Aelythium voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Kelssek".
- : Aelythium voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Freedom Of Association".
- : Aelythium lodged a message on the Arkonos Regional Message Board.
- : Aelythium was ranked in the Top 5% of the world for Best Weather, Highest Average Tax Rates, and Most Eco-Friendly Governments.
- : Aelythium voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Voting Equality for Freed Inmates"".
- : Aelythium voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Honeydewistania".
- : Aelythium voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Reducing Microplastics".
- : Aelythium voted for the World Assembly Resolution "Commend Marrabuk".
- : Aelythium voted against the World Assembly Resolution "Repeal "Digital Network Defense"".