The Empire of A Die is a huge, safe nation, renowned for its irreverence towards religion, absence of drug laws, and stringent health and safety legislation. The democratic population of 420 million Dies, 58 million of whom are zombies, hold their civil and political rights very dear, although the wealthy and those in business tend to be viewed with suspicion.
The large, outspoken government is primarily concerned with Education, although Defense, Environment, and Administration are also considered important, while Spirituality and International Aid are ignored. The average income tax rate is 43.1%, but much higher for the wealthy.
The sizeable but inefficient Diean economy, worth 14.8 trillion dices a year, is quite specialized and led by the Information Technology industry, with major contributions from Pizza Delivery, Door-to-door Insurance Sales, and Soda Sales. Black market activity is notable. State-owned companies are common. Average income is 35,295 dices, and distributed extremely evenly, with little difference between the richest and poorest citizens.
Students consistently complain that the wi-fi ate their homework, government agents stalk the aisles of grocery stores for out-of-stock medications, concerned environmentalists wipe away their tears with tissues sourced from Tasmanian old-growth redwoods, and costumed characters wearing Maxtopian Grass leaves remind citizens that the government now sells the green stuff. Crime is totally unknown, thanks to a capable police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. A Die's national animal is the speckled cube, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests.
Most Recent Government Activity:
- : A Die resigned from the World Assembly.
- : A Die was endorsed by The Kingdom of Wodan.
- : A Die was endorsed by The United Republic of Free Atlantis.
- : A Die was endorsed by The Empire of Shinjuku tokyo 0.
- : A Die was endorsed by The Armed Republic of Ascidia.
- : A Die was endorsed by The Kingdom of South Kalmaria.
- : A Die was endorsed by The Democratic Republic of Ereena.
- : A Die was endorsed by The Republic of Kastonvia.
- : A Die was endorsed by The Incorporated States of Bruhast.
- : A Die was endorsed by The Republic of The Pantheons.